Winston Alpha+ Fly Rods
YOU’RE GOING TO NEED A BIGGER NET.
- Highest performance boron/graphite composite materials
- Exceptionally powerful, capable of generating high line speeds
- Designed to cast big flies, heavy lines, shooting heads and sinking tips
- Extra reinforced ferrules for ultimate lifting power
- Designated grain windows for each rod model
- Designed and Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, MT
- WEIGHTS: 5 thru 10wt.
- ACTION: Fast
- SECTIONS: 4
- GUIDES: Hard chrome oversized snake ‘Shooting Guides’ with chrome nanolite stripping guides. Oversized tiptop.
- REEL SEAT: Uplocking, Anodized aluminum with double locking rings. Engraved with company signature logo.
- STORAGE: Premium graphite rod tube with embroidered logo rod sock
160-200 grain lines: Our fastest 9’ 5 weight, this rod is capable of turning over large dry-dropper rigs, trout sized streamers, and larger indicator rigs. Doubles as an excellent boat rod for it’s ability to handle heavier headed fly lines when the wind kicks up and faster recovery rate is needed to effectively cover water.
200-240 grain lines: This rod was designed for meat eating trout and bass: think mice patterns in Kamchatka, full sink tips and double articulated bugs on the Yellowstone, fast pocket water in Patagonia, and poppers and divers in the mid-west. Also a great a choice for smaller Jungle species like piranha, payara, and others. If you’re a streamer junkie and searching for you next big bug stick, look no further than the ALPHA+ 6.
240-280 grain lines: You might call them bucketmouths, keggers, and donkeys. If you understand these designations, you’re a big-bass angler. The ALPHA+ 7 has been designed to shoot the biggest bass bugs with over-sized lines into the thickest cover, and turn these lunkers back to the boat.
280-330 grain lines. From silver salmon in Alaska, Peacock Bass in the Jungle, Stripers in the Northeast, and many other species, this power 8 weight will cast and lift any aggressive sinking line to get your flies in front of your home water’s most powerful fish.
330-380 grain lines. Jaguars lurk in the shadows behind you. Howler Monkeys call from the canopy. Forget the term “teeth,” fish with fangs swim in these waters. Whatever and wherever your Jungle adventures go, our reinforced Alpha+ 9wt rods are built to cast oversized lines, humongous flies, and with extra power to pull these powerful fish away from leader snapping structure.
380-430 grain lines. We were thinking Musky and Peacock Bass when designing these powerful rods. Fish of 10,000 casts never comes easy. But our Alpha+ 10 weight has been designed for power, big bug turnover, and foot-long flies, while having the sensitivity for mandatory figure 8s, and at-the-boat eats.