Bajio - Soldado Sunglasses
The Spanish word for soldier, Soldado is inspired by the productive saltwater flat in Guanaja, Honduras, beneath which lies the monument commemorating where Columbus landed in the 1500s. No soldiers remain, just a long sandy beach and permit and bonefish with saluting tails in the air. Equally stylish on a man or woman, Soldado is like a classic watch: it speaks to the wearer’s appreciation for classic style and time-tested functionality. Whether celebrating the day’s action on the water or enjoying a serene sunset from shore with your arm around the waist of a loved one, the Soldado is your ace.
Quite possibly the most enduring frame style in the world, and still looking good after all these years. Rather than mess with a classic, we’ve just refined it with top-tier hinges and finishes, as well as our polarized lenses with proprietary LAPIS technology to block blue light and glare for enhanced visual acuity. You may tire of the Top Gun quotes—or not—but you’ll never go out of style.
- Medium fit
- The classic aviator shape
- Medium 6-base wrap design
- Generous non-slip rubber nose pads designed to stay out of your hair
- Soft temples made from acetate that don’t pinch
- Made from strong, anti-corrosive stainless steel that bio-degrades more easily and is gentler on our oceans
- Choice of 6 lens colors in both glass and polycarbonate
- All lenses are polarized and include proprietary LAPIS technology that blocks blue light, making them the clearest lenses on the planet
- Oleophobic lens coatings reduce scratching and make cleaning easier
We have spent the day working through the outer defenses of a mountainous, tree-covered castle. Slow-rolling tarpon spontaneously activated into acrobatics by long feathery flies stripped sinuously through the water. Intractable permit arrive with nervous water and disappear with the passing of a cloud. Arms exhausted, eyes strained, we reach the shallows to be met by the last defense between land and sea. Bonefish march up the beach in waves. Platoons of 15-20. Like clockwork. The final line of resistance.