Winston Pure Fly Rods
FOR THOSE WHO PREFER TO FISH WITH A LIGHT TOUCH.
- Advanced Boron III light line rods
- Moderate action with quick recovery that will allow for open loops required for fine dry fly presentation
along with the ability to generate faster line speed as required for different conditions
- True Winston progressive action
- Slim profile with fine grip and guide configurations for better connection to the rod
- Proprietary design puts presentation and tippet protection as the first priority
- Ideal for light nymph and dry fly fishing applications.
- Designed and Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, MT
WEIGHTS: 2 thru 5wt
GUIDES: Chrome nanolite stripper guide/chrome plated, light wire snake guides
REEL SEAT: Nickel Silver with figured Maple insert
STORAGE: Premium graphite rod tube with embroidered logo rod sock
Pure 2wt: The lightest, most delicate rod we make. Meant for happy-go-lucky streams, this rod perfectly casts microscopic dry flies on the lightest tippet, and bends to the butt section with the weight of a 7” brook trout.
Pure 3wt: Fun rods meant for small stream fishing. From the ultra-short 6’6” version to the 7’6″, these 3 weights will accommodate any small stream or extremely delicate presentation that an angler requires.
Pure 4wt: If you’re obsessed with feeding small flies to picky fish, our selection of 4 weight PUREs will be the perfect tools for presenting these specific patterns during heavy hatches. These rods blend accuracy, delicacy, and fish fighting strength. Think any spring creek from Paradise Valley, Montana, to the world renowned Driftless area in Wisconsin.
Pure 5wt: Anglers that prefer a traditional progressive action for most of their trout fishing needs, will love our selections of 5 weight Pures. There’s plenty of room for a variety of fishing applications, from dry fly fishing on bigger western rivers, to light nymphing and small streamers. If you’re a fan of our older IM6 and WT models, the 5 weight PURE will provide the classic Winston feel in a taper that adds more accuracy and line control.